October is Children's Vision Month
Posted by Vernon Optometry on
Many aspects of learning are visual in nature. Without clear vision, students often do not perform to their full potential.
Untreated vision problems can lead to:
- learning at a slower rate than other children
- frustration with learning
- negative self-image
- behaviour and discipline problems
- possible need for special education and related services
- higher risk for school drop out
- lifelong disadvantages and underachievement
Eye exams for children are covered by the provincial Medical Services Plan.
For more information from the Canadian Association of Optometrists click here.