Many aspects of learning are visual in nature. Without clear vision, students often do not perform to their full potential.
Untreated vision problems can lead to:
- learning at a slower rate than other children
- frustration with learning
- negative self-image
- behaviour and discipline problems
- possible need for special education and related services
- higher risk for school drop out
- lifelong disadvantages and underachievement
Eye exams for children are covered by the provincial Medical Services Plan.
For more information from the Canadian Association of Optometrists click here.